Advise on external lifts/ "cassette" lifts – reliability?

Started by Anonymous, 31st October 2015 at 9:04 am

Home Page Forums Living With Spinal Cord Injury Mobility Advise on external lifts/ "cassette" lifts – reliability?

We are looking to upgrade our vehicle as we need something much more spacious than our current Kangoo to carry all of our equipment, but also to provide a more comfortable ride.

We have seen a great MPV with a Hubmatik cassette lift. As this is fitted externally, can you advise on the reliability?  We are concerned that it may be more exposed to corrosion and electrical faults.

Any advise is most welcome – thanks!!!!

<p style=”text-align: left;”>hi, did you get any advice on your question? as I are also looking to the same as you but are unable to get any straight answers to any questions! such as what is the the best car/MPV that will except it.</p>

Hi,

I have been using VW Caravelles for 15 years with side cassette lifts. They give you lots more space inside the vehicle but parking is more difficult than a rear lift because of the amount of space you need. I have had breakdowns but have always managed to get an engineer out straightaway. If kept serviced you shouldn’t have too many problems.

Phil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.