Pressure Sores/Ulcers

Started by gaz776, 26th April 2019 at 4:46 pm

Hi everyone, as many of you know I am a T4/T10, I have interviewed some of you for my doctoral research and also had hundreds of you fill out my questionnaires in the past. Those particular research studies have been successful and I will be moving forward with them in the near future, especially the peer support groups… exciting times.

I am trying my hardest to change things for us as people who have a spinal cord injury but without your help, I am unable to do this.

I am working with colleagues from different areas of expertise at Cardiff Metropolitan University on a new research study to do with pressure sores/ulcers. As most of us know they are horrendous to deal with and can put us in the hospital and on bed rest for months at a time. They are painful and can cause further problems leading to a poorer quality of life. This really is important research and could be a game changer in the future.

The research itself entails recruiting 12 people in the UK that are currently suffering from a pressure ulcer. Those 12 people will be sent a swab kit enabling them to take a sample of the sore and send it back in a prepaid self-addressed envelope.

We are interested in what bacteria is most prevalent in the infected pressure ulcer and how it relates to the “age” of the infected ulcer i.e. how long you have had the infected ulcer for.

The evaluation will be used to enable us to undertake larger, more comprehensive studies in future with a view to improving the management of infection.

If you are interested in becoming a participant, please get in touch ASAP. Also, if you know someone else experiencing difficulties with pressure ulcers, please pass this information on to them.

If you message or email [email protected] I will send you further information.

Thanks, Gaz

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.