- Education & Training
- Healthcare Professional Study Days
- Healthcare Professionals skills and competency training
- Expert witness seminar
- Training for spinal cord injured people
- Solicitors’ Training
- Case Manager Training Days
- Booking form – Solicitors and Case Managers
- Cancellation Policy
Healthcare Professionals skills and competency training
Managing the neurogenic bowel
We are delighted to offer Registered Nurses the opportunity to learn more about neurogenic bowel dysfunction and how to manage it effectively.
Delivered by NMC registered nurses with over 50 years combined experience caring for this patient group, the full-day course covers –
- the different presentations of neurogenic bowel dysfunction and their appropriate management.
- the importance of stool consistency and factors that affect it
- the skills and knowledge to safely undertake Digital Rectal Examination (DRE), Digital Rectal Stimulation (DRS) and Digital Removal of Faeces (DRF)
- the policies and regulations required to support practice
Participants will examine the theory that underpins effective management of the neurogenic bowel, demonstrate their learning through a written exam and case study work, and have their competency to safely undertake DRE, DRS and DRF signed off by one of our SCI Specialist Nurses following a practical session on an anatomical training model.
The cost is £160 +VAT per delegate, and each course is limited to six participants (who must be registered nurses). The agenda can be downloaded here.
Please note that places on all courses scheduled for May, June and July are sold out, but more dates have now been confirmed, please see below:
12 October 2017 (very limited availability)
SIA House, Milton Keynes
21 September 2017
9 November 2017
Bullen Healthcare, Liverpool
To book a place or register your details for updates on this and other SIA training and education events, email Karen Mikalsen, Education and Training Co-ordinator, or call her on 01908 604191 x221.