- GET SUPPORT
- Become a member
- Advice and Advocacy
- Speak to a peer
- SCI Nurse Specialists
- Our Home Delivery Service
- Telephone Counselling
- Funding Your Care
- Message Board
- Share your experience
- SIA Merseyside
- Finding a solicitor
If you live in the North West we are here to offer support as a local group fully affiliated to the national Spinal Injuries Association charity.
What we do
We provide life-long support for spinal cord injured people, family, friends and carers with:
- A safe environment to make friends and share experiences
- Face to face advice from someone who understands
- Information and seminars about all aspects of spinal cord injury
In addition, we contribute to improvements in the treatment and care of spinal cord injured people by delivering information and care presentations to local healthcare professionals.
As well as providing support, we also organise a number of activities that you can join in with, including:
- Monthly meetings
- Fundraising dinners
- Production of useful materials, such as the Emergency Medical Card
- Collaboration with the Spinal Injuries Association
- Voluntary work
- Christmas celebrations
When and where we meet
We meet from 2pm until 5pm on the first Wednesday of every month at:
The Brain Charity*
Liverpool L3 8LR
*formerly known as Neurosupport.
Become a member
The Merseyside support group is open to everyone touched by spinal cord injury within the North-West area.