- Understanding spinal cord injury
- Forward Magazine
- Upper limb exercises for the shoulder
- Online learning for members
- Training for Healthcare Professionals
- Solicitors’ Training
- Expert witness seminar
- Websites by SIA Members
- Cancellation Policy
Expert witness seminar
Expert Witness Seminar – “Joined up thinking in Expert Evidence”.
Tuesday 25 February 2020: 12pm to 6pm
Irwin Mitchell, London, EC1N 2PZ
Prices: £50 (NHS Staff), £125 (Non-NHS Staff).
Our Expert Witness Seminars are aimed at any professional working within the field of personal and catastrophic injury – giving legal professionals and people working alongside spinal cord injured people the chance to gain valuable first-hand experience and knowledge from experts in their respective fields.
Kindly supported by Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, we are pleased to announce our next Expert Witness seminar, taking place in February 2020 at their offices in London. As with all our previous events, a panel of experts from the medical and legal worlds will come together to share their experience and insights at an event not to be missed.
Lunch and refreshments are included in the price, with talks and discussion sessions running throughout the afternoon, and drinks and networking to follow into the early evening.
Topics covered by our panel of experts will include:
– Legal Duties of an Expert and Part 35 CPR
Dan Lawson, Counsel, Cloisters Chambers
– Initial Instructions and Client Visits
Julie Ho, Occupational Therapist
– Nature and Content of Written Reports, and How to Structure Evidence
Steve Cumbers, Architect & Accommodation Expert
– Considering Latest Developments and Tech, and using Literature for Arguments
Jon Graham, Physiotherapist
– Preparing for Trial and Giving Evidence
Maggie Sargent, Care Expert
– Joint Statement of Experts, Agendas and What the Court Needs
William Latimer-Sayer QC, Cloisters Chambers
– The Client’s Perspective
– The Case Manager’s Perspective: Interplay between the Rehab and Medico-Legal Teams
Emma Way, Case Manager, Emma Way Associates
We hope you can join us. for further information, please either call: 01908 604 191 or email: [email protected] or to book your place at our event now, please complete the form below:
You can change the way SIA contacts you in the future by contacting our Supporter Care Team via our online form or call us on: 01908 208 541. Find out more about how SIA uses your data and protects your privacy here.