- Understanding spinal cord injury
- Forward Magazine
- Upper limb exercises for the shoulder
- Online learning for members
- Training for Healthcare Professionals
- Solicitors’ Training
- Expert witness seminar
- Websites by SIA Members
- Cancellation Policy
Online learning for members
NHS Continuing Healthcare Online Learning Tool
We know that well organised care is an essential part of a fulfilled life for many spinal cord injured people, especially those with high level injuries. But, for severely disabled people as well as their family and friends, getting the right care can be complex and difficult to navigate. Finding out what types of care are available, what is free or means tested and how to apply are just some of the issues our members ask our Advocacy Team about.
Our learning tool consists of a variety of videos, animations, and presentations as well as a question and answer session at the end of each chapter. It will take around 90 minutes to complete but you can pause at any time and resume your learning.
Created by our expert NHS CHC Casework team, the online learning tool includes:
- The difference between health care and social care needs and why it matters
- The NHS Continuing Healthcare application process
- Finding out whether you are eligible for free care
- Making a successful application – what you need to know
- The appeals process
This online tool is available to full members or family and friends members and is both free and easy to use.
If you are a current full or family and friends member of SIA you should already have received details of your username and password to enable you to log in and start the course.
If you are not already a member of SIA, you will need to join us.
This online learning tool was funded by the UPS Foundation.