And they’re off!
Good luck to our intrepid team of cyclists who have now begun their Eastern European adventure! The next few days will see our adventurers taking in the sights, sounds and culture of four countries, giving them the chance to take on Croatia, Austria, Hungary and Slovenia in one trip.
As with all of our overseas cycles, this event is fully accessible for hand-cyclists and on this trip we have our Peer Support Officer for the North West, Gary Dawson and SIA member, Katy Kelly both participating on hand-cycles.
More information about all of our cyclists below as well as details of the route they will be taking:
- Gary Dawson (Peer Support Officer for SIA), with his brother Mark and close friend Richard Harrison. Between them these three have taken part in our London to Paris, London to Amsterdam, Three Capitals cycling challenge and Cycle to Transylvania.
- Cathy Leech, from our Corporate Member Irwin Mitchell and Pauline Terry – who have both taken part in our London to Paris, Amsterdam, Three Capitals and Transylvania trips.
- Mike Dyson – veteran of all four of our overseas cycles with us, and also a couple of RideLondon outings.
- Reg Perrins and Chris Freestone, joining us for their eighth and second rides respectively, representing SIA’s Corporate Member Total Community Care.
- Rachel Botterill taking part from our Corporate Member Leigh Day, also a veteran of three of our overseas challenges.
- Steve Blood – physio extraordinaire and veteran of SIA’s 2017 cycle to Transylvania.
- Simon Lovett – mainstay of our cycle rides since 2013, joining us for his fifth ride overall.
- Elaine Johnston, first time cyclist adventurer, Elaine is the person who makes the magic happen in our Corporate Fundraising team at SIA House.
- Rebecca Swan – joining Rachel as another representative from Leigh Day, on her first ever SIA excursion abroad
- Jules Psaila – first time cyclist, joining us in memory of her husband who was a member of SIA
- Katy Kelly – our newest hand cyclist, and an SIA member, keen to take on a challenge with her close friends Helen And Jess Harvey both taking on a challenge with us for the first time.
- Helen Fulbeck – first time eventer with SIA, but a very experienced cyclist who has previously been all around the world on similar challenge cycling events.
- Emma Way – a case manager who has been an Associate Member of SIA for a long time, a previous London Marathon runner for SIA, but first time cyclist
- Rachel Magennis – a medical professional who provides support to spinal cord injured people through her daily work, and a friend of Cathy Leech’s
- Richard Clark, from our Corporate Members CFG Law, who we recently tempted into taking part – he warmed up with a UK coast to coast cycling challenge a month before this one!
Thank you to all these amazing people for taking on this challenge and raising vital funds for our work supporting spinal cord injured people.