Get your MP to the next meeting of the APPG
Our campaigns team really needs your help! Please write to your MP and tell them about the next meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Group.
Ask your MP to join the movement
The All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) meeting is making a difference to the services offered to spinal cord injured people. And it’s already influencing policymakers, with Helen Whately MP (minister for care) attending the March meeting and committed to restore spinal beds that have been used for covid patients during the pandemic.
The next APPG meeting is on Wednesday 8 September at 3.30pm. This meeting is particularly important as Justin Tomlinson MP, minister for disabled people, health and work, has kindly agreed to attend. This is a tremendous opportunity to hear from the minister on matters directly affecting spinal cord injured people, and to understand more about the forthcoming and long-awaited Disability Strategy.
Getting MPs to attend the meetings and understand the issues facing SCI people is vitally important and really easy to do. Please will you email your MP to ask them to attend the next meeting and to demonstrate their support for SCI people?
Emailing your MP is very easy – just follow the steps below
• Go to www.writetothem.com and enter your postcode
• Scroll down to find ‘Your MP’ and click on their name
• Download our suggested template letter copy the content and paste it into the message box. Edit it to include brief details of any relevant personal experience of SCI
• Add your address details, so they know you are in their constituency, and do make sure you double check your email address is right so you can see their reply. Then preview the message to make sure it’s correct, and send.
• When you send your letter, and receive a reply, please copy in [email protected] so we can track progress and follow up with the MPs direct.
Thanks so much for your support.