The December Issue of Forward is out now
The December issue of FORWARD offers a wealth of information and advice to support SCI people, as well as their families and friends. For the last eight years, SIA has provided a confidential Telephone Counselling service for people living with SCI and their families. Read our article with Helen Smith, a clinical psychologist, who runs the service to find out how it might be able to help you.
We’ve also put the spotlight on urology health, providing information about the signs and symptoms of cancer affecting organs of the urinary system, and when to seek advice from your GP or SCI Centre.
You can also read about:
- The benefits of aquatic therapy
- Ageing and transitioning to a powered wheelchair
- Learning to walk again post-injury
- SCI research – improving dexterity in people with tetraplegia
- A day trip to Luxembourg
- Support for unpaid carers
- Parenting with SCI – a personal perspective