About Bolt Burdon Kemp
“We understand that compensation can never truly replace what has been lost as a result of a spinal injury, but at BBK we are committed to helping every person with a spinal injury live their lives to the full”.
Victoria Oliver, Head of Spinal Injury, Bolt Burdon Kemp
How compensation can help
When you’re focussing on adjusting to your ‘new normal’, a compensation claim can feel like an additional complication. However, if you’ve been injured in an accident or through medical negligence, a claim can provide numerous benefits, including:
- Support for the transition to independent living after having often spent long periods of time in hospital care
- Catering to your housing needs, whether through adapting your home or paying for a new, suitable, place to live
- Private therapy and treatment, including those not available on the NHS
- Funds to buy equipment and aids that will make your life easier
- Exposing negligence can result in change which may mean others avoid going through the same experience as you.
Working with Bolt Burdon Kemp:
At Bolt Burdon Kemp we like to think that we are a little bit different to other solicitors.
- Our spinal injury team ONLY represent clients with spinal injuries. This means that regardless of how your accident happened you can be confident that your solicitor understands the unique aspects of your spinal injury and has a specialist network of spinal professionals to call upon.
- We pride ourselves in not shying away from difficult cases and when getting justice for our clients has meant changing the law, we have done so.
- We look after our clients and we provide exceptional client care. In 2019 88% of our clients said we exceeded their expectations and we are listed as one of the Top 20 specialist law firms in London based on client care.
- We work as a team so you will never be without support if a solicitor is unwell or on holiday.
- We limit the number of cases the spinal injury team has at any one time so our solicitors have the time to dedicate to your case.
- We are based in London but we will travel to see you wherever you are in the country. We’re also happy to chat by telephone, video conference or email if you prefer!
Bolt Burdon Kemp is a law firm specialising in serious injury compensation claims. We are extremely proud to have been chosen as the SIA’s trusted legal partner in the South East. Our dedicated Spinal Injury team understand how spinal injury can impact on every aspect of day to day life. We know that the support the SIA provides is invaluable at all stages of this journey, providing a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is second to none. Working alongside the SIA to help them grow and develop the service that they can offer the SCI community is something we feel extremely passionate about, and an endeavour we are very excited to embark on.
We have over 30 years of experience representing both adults and children who have suffered a spinal injury as a result of an accident or substandard medical treatment. We have successfully secured millions of pounds in compensation for our clients.
Alongside that work, we have campaigned for many years to raise awareness of the issues faced by the SCI community, and we firmly believe our relationship with the SIA will increase our insight and help us educate others in this arena.
To find out how our Trusted Partner, Bolt Burdon Kemp can support you or a loved one after suffering a catastrophic injury, visit their website.
Our team get to know our clients’ circumstances so we can achieve the best result for them – securing compensation to pay for the care, support, equipment and home environment that they need. We focus on providing specialist rehabilitation to assist with recovery and we strive to ensure that our clients and their families are supported every step of the way.