The Spinal Injuries Association (SIA) is the leading national charity for spinal cord injured people. We are unique in that we are a user led organisation; our elected Trustees are all spinal cord injured and are voted for by the spinal cord injured membership.
Our mission is to support people affected by spinal cord injury and to advise, educate and campaign on all its aspects
- Deliver high-quality services to spinal cord injured people, their families, and all concerned with their welfare
- Influence and change public attitudes and Government policy and practice towards spinal cord injured people, raising our profile with decision makers, key Parliamentarians and stakeholders
- Build on existing support while at the same time diversifying our funding portfolio to reduce dependency, increase unrestricted income and improve income sustainability
- Attract more spinal cord injured people as members and continue to make our membership central to everything that we do
- Ensure that our structure, staff, governance and operational systems are fully able to deliver SIA's mission and increase our impact
Learn more about our Peer Services and how they can assist you
Explore the National Library on Spinal Cord Injury, a unique reference collection with online catalogue.
Find out about our Campaigning work and how you can get involved
Take time to drop in to the SIA Shop to browse publications for sale.
And, if you have a query or problem, why not contact the SIA Advice Line.
Join SIA and start receiving extra member benefits such as shop discounts and access to member only areas. Membership is free of charge and open to all.